Monday, February 15, 2010

Back in the saddle?


“Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn't have it in the beginning" -Gandhi


Well today has been a frustrating day. I had a midterm today that I thought I was prepared for, but apparently I wasn't. On top of this I woke up with a blood sugar of 357. Since I still believe strongly in a good breakfast before a test I just took extra insulin and had some oatmeal. Fast forward 3 hours later and I am sitting at 352! Since my midterm is over I decide I'm not going to eat until I can get my sugars down, and take an extra injection. 50 minutes more and it's down to 283! Yes on the way down (i think). Now, six hours later I'm at 164... and really hungry! I know that this is my first day back, and that I need to be patient with myself.. but I really hate this. I'm trying so hard to stay motivated. I just keep thinking about my nieces, and how much I want to be around to watch them grow up. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....

No comments:

Post a Comment